Although invisible aligners have become increasingly popular, do you know how this works? An important rule to remember is to keep your teeth and invisible aligners clean. This practice isn’t essential for cosmetic reasons. Cleaning your aligners is vital to keep these from bacterial buildup and improve oral hygiene.
Different ways to clean your Invisible Aligners
Fortunately, cleaning aligners is essential but simple. There are various ways to brush, soak, and clean your aligners to keep them sparkling and fresh.
However, here are some quick and effective ways to clean your invisible aligners. Practicing these can help you improve oral hygiene and keep your aligners in the best condition.
So, here we go:
Use a soft brush and dish soap to clean Invisible Aligners
Keep a separate toothbrush from your personal to clean aligners. You must use a soft-bristled brush. Then put a tiny drop of dish soap on the brush and run it underwater. Now brush your aligners gently inside out with dish soap.
Soak your Aligners in distilled white vinegar
White distilled vinegar is an effective cleaning agent. It will work excellent for soaking aligners through cleaning—Mix warm water and white vinegar in a 3:1 ratio. Soak your aligners in this mixture for up to 30 minutes. After that, remove the aligners from the mix, and rinse thoroughly using warm water. You can also brush your aligners to remove any plaque or tartar.
Things to avoid while cleaning Invisible Aligners
Here are some important things that you should not do while cleaning your aligners:
- Avoid using toothpaste to clean your aligners. Toothpaste usually contains abrasive materials that can scratch aligners’ surfaces.
- Also, avoid using a bright-colored soap as it can leave stains on your aligners.
How often should you clean your aligners?
It is essential to clean aligners every night when brushing and to floss teeth. This practice will help remove any built-up debris, food, bacteria, etc., that accumulates throughout the day.
Moreover, you can also clean aligners when they begin to appear dirty. For instance, if you have drunk something accidentally without removing your aligners. Also, if you have put these on instantly after eating something.
Failure to keep your aligners clean can expose your teeth to bacteria. Moreover, these can also cause discoloration and bad breath. Besides extensive cleaning measures, rinse your aligners every time before putting these back.
Tips to consider to keep your Invisible Aligners in the best condition
Do you want to keep your invisible aligners in the best possible condition? Then there are the key tips that you must consider in this regard.
So, here we go:
- Invisible aligners stay in your mouth for longer, at least up to 20 hours every day. Therefore, it is imperative to keep these odor-free and clean. It is essential to clean them twice a day when brushing your teeth.
- Use a soft toothbrush to give your aligners a gentle brush daily.
- The best thing about invisible aligners is that you change them over time to avoid discoloration. Still, these aren’t invulnerable to stains. Therefore, you must remove these while drinking anything except water. Also, rinse your teeth before reapplying thee.
- Always store your invisible aligners in their case when these aren’t in your mouth to keep them protected.
- To keep invisible aligners pristine, clean them in a unique aligners cleaning tablet. Soak these as per your aligners’ instructions to give these a thorough cleaning session.
These are some of the best ways to keep your invisible aligners clean and in the best possible condition. However, you change your aligners every 2 weeks. Still, it is imperative to clean them appropriately.
*This media/content or any other on this website does not prescribe, recommend, or prevent any treatment or procedure. Therefore, we highly recommend that you get the advice of a qualified dentist or other medical practitioners regarding your specific dental condition*